|Title:||Assistant Art Director, Editorial|
|Company Division:||MITTERA (Analytics/Digital/Studios)|
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
MITTERA Creative Services, a key member of Mittera Group, located in Des Moines, IA, is seeking an experienced Assistant Art Director to join our growing team of professionals who provide analytics, digital, design, photography and videography services.
The Assistant Art Director guides the execution for our magazine clients from concept to completion. The Assistant Art Director collaborates with other departments through clear workflows and open communication. The successful candidate will be mindful of publishing, food, and typography trends while keeping execution accessible and friendly for the reader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Concept, plan, and execute design for individual stories and full magazines.
- Assist the Art Director with managing process, budget, and production of all assigned work.
- Collaborate with photographers, illustrators, and videographers to develop and execute dynamic and engaging content.
- Work with food stylists to develop recipes that taste great and photograph beautifully.
- Create exceptional typography based design for headlines and mastheads.
- Ability to communicate vision and concepts to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate with freelancers.
- Capable of mentoring junior design staff and providing direction when needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BA with related degree
2+ years of experience in magazine/publishing design. Food experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in all major design tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Outstanding organization and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet multiple deadlines.
- 2+ years assistant art direction. Experience interacting with clients preferred.
- Experience with food styling or photography is highly preferred.
MITTERA Creative Services is an exciting alignment of professionals that provide our clients with data and analytics, digital marketing, graphic design, photography and videography. We are a member of Mittera Group, a multi-platform communications company with over 750 employees across multiple companies and offices.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must provide samples of previous work with resume. Prior to hiring the successful candidate will agree to drug screening and background check.
The Mittera Group is committed to providing a tobacco free workplace. EEO.
Payroll direct deposit is required.