|Title:||Assistant Art Director|
|Company Division:||MITTERA (Analytics/Digital/Studios)|
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
MITTERA Creative is a growing, dynamic, full-service design firm located in Des Moines, IA. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Art Director to join our team of professionals, producing high-quality print & digital creative for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years working in the field of graphic design with an emphasis on brainstorm to concept execution, creative page layout, magazine design, art direction and successfully managing multiple projects to completion. Food experience a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Help plan and execute art, design and other visual elements for creative including, but not limited to: magazines, circulars, advertisements, direct mail, marketing materials, tradeshow booths, etc.
- Assist the Art Director with managing the design, photography and production of client assigned work.
- Ability to collaborate well as a part of a concept team and be heavily responsible for developing and executing creative concepts that are dynamic and engaging.
- Outstanding organization and communication skills are a must. Ability to communicate vision and concepts to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate with freelancers, copywriters, editors, illustrators, photographers, designers and videographers.
- Capable of mentoring junior design staff and providing direction when needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BA with related degree
4+ years experience in marketing and/or editorial design. Food experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in all major design tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience with UI/UX desired but not required.
- Ideal candidate is an ambitious, creative team player with excellent type, color and design sensibility.
- Ability to meet multiple tight deadlines.
- 2+ years assistant art direction and leading a team, including client.
- Experience with food styling or photography is highly preferred.
MITTERA Creative Services is an exciting alignment of professionals that provide our clients with data and analytics, digital marketing, graphic design, photography and videography. We are a member of Mittera Group, a multi-platform communications company with over 750 employees across multiple companies and offices.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must provide samples of previous work with resume. Prior to hiring the successful candidate will agree to drug screening and background check.
The Mittera Group is committed to providing a tobacco free workplace. EEO.
Payroll direct deposit is required.