|Title:||Estimator - Printing Industry|
|Company Division:||Colorfx - Urbandale|
Mittera Group is a multi-platform communications company with more than 750 professionals that provide quality printing, direct mail, analytics, design and digital solutions for clients throughout the U.S.
The Estimator at Colorfx will work diligently to prepare accurate estimates by gathering information and analyzing important metrics for the production and printing of high-impact, full-color promotional materials. The Estimator will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
- Analyzes all job specifications from design through packing and delivery to assure that all information needed to calculate cost is present; refers incomplete specifications to sales or customer service for clarification.
- Reviews “best fit” information to determine which location is the proper fit for the type of product requested.
- Refines specifications based on knowledge and experience for better production, lower cost, better suitability to end use and adds production steps as necessary to achieve quality level desired. States all assumptions, such as customer-supplied art or paper, in writing as part of the estimate.
- Gathers multiple quotes on paper and outside services to assure the Company of receiving the best price.
- Creates and records a legible production plan that can be used later by the production departments, including quoted prices from materials and outside services.
- Calculates total costs for actual and proposed printing, binding and/or mailing jobs including alternate quantities and production methods as requested by Sales.
- Prepares letter or quote outlining specifications of the job and sends to client.
- Determines supplies, materials, and equipment needed for job order. Plans and draws layout of the job. Attempts to use current inventory whenever applicable.
- Maintains accurate records on all jobs and customer contacts so both company and customer are protected should questions arise later.
- Prepares estimates of additional costs if copy varies from estimate and passes additional estimate along for processing by Sales.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and one to three years of related experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- Experience in estimating, customer service, inventory, or production is strongly preferred
- Must have proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge in an estimating software program is preferred, especially in Monarch.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
Mittera Group is an equal opportunity employer.
All team members will be paid via direct deposit.
All qualified candidates must agree to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.