Night Shift Press Supervisor
|Title:||Night Shift Press Supervisor|
|Company Division:||Mittera Wisconsin (J.B. Kenehan)|
|Location:||555 Beichl Ave. Beaver Dam WI|
Responsible for motivating and directing the press crew, meeting goals established for each press, maintenance and cleanliness of machinery and surrounding areas.
- Recommends hiring, disciplining, terminating and changing wages for employees.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and EPA federal and state rules, regulations, policies and guidelines and Company safety rules
- Conducts or provides all necessary and/or required safety training and safety equipment for such employees.
- Trains and develops subordinates. Provides and promotes educational and training opportunities.
- Conducts periodic evaluation sessions with subordinates.
- Directs, supervises and motivates workers.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery, equipment and support systems.
- Schedules and/or performs maintenance on all equipment.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Communicates, interprets and enforces Company policies, procedures and "shop rules" and recommends such change as considered advisable.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Purchases goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the Company.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department or work crew.
- Participates in and/or supports and formal quality programs such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
- Maintains and reviews records necessary to control costs and schedules
- Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and EPA federal and state rules, regulations, policies and guidelines and Company safety rules in the Plant.
- Hearing protection is required.
- Responsible each day for area worked.
- Supports Safety Committee and participates as requested or needed
- Justifies capital equipment and addition personnel costs for departmental budgeting and planning purposes.
- Keeps abreast of all technological progress in machinery and methods in the graphic arts industry.
- Performs other duties as requested.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications